Couples and Relationship Counseling
Romantic relationships, at their best, can be deeply satisfying, rich and fulfilling experiences. When conflict arises, they can also be a source of hurt, sadness, and frustration. I provide relationship counseling, to get through the difficult times and come out stronger.
I take an interpersonal approach, which means I work to identify and improve communication patterns and styles of relating to one another. I have completed Level 1 and Level 2 of the Gottman Method Couples Therapy, and utilize this approach to inform my treatment planning and interventions. I strive to create a safe space for you to explore, learn, and grow together.
Relationship counseling may take the form of, but is not limited to:
- pre-marital counseling
- marriage counseling
- couples counseling
- multiple partners counseling for those in open, non-monogamous, and polyamorous relationships
Common topics may include:
- Navigating life transitions together
- Diminished intimacy
- Cultural differences & power dynamics (gender, ethnicity, nationality, religion, income, ability, etc.)
- Concerns related to sex
- Infidelity and broken trust
- Deciding to and moving forward with "opening up" a relationship
- High Conflict (continuous arguing, fighting)
- Addiction & co-dependency
- Differences in parenting styles
- Separation and divorce
Contact me to learn more about couples/relationship or marriage counseling and if it may be the right fit for you.